The marketing landscape is constantly evolving. Many companies use a complex and fragmented marketing technology stack to meet their needs. Businesses often struggle to synchronize and integrate their marketing data across multiple siloed platforms. How can a Marketing Automation platform help integrate marketing data? What is the difference between Marketing Automation and a CRM system?
What is Marketing Automation?
Marketing Automation is more than just an email marketing platform. It is an integrated set of tools that drives top-of-funnel leads to sales.
A Marketing Automation platform may include:
• automated lead nurturing campaigns
• lead activity tracking and scoring
• audience segmentation
• landing page builder
• social media management
• campaign reporting
What is a CRM system?
A CRM (customer relationship management) is a system that manages all your company’s interactions with current customers and prospective qualified leads.
A CRM system manages your sales pipeline process:
• individual emails
• lead status tracking
• task management
• opportunity tracking
• pipeline reporting
Are there platforms that integrate CRM and Marketing Automation?
In short, yes. Leveraging integrated Marketing Automation and CRM systems, can allow you to optimize your entire sales process and increase your ROI.
An Integrated Marketing Automation and CRM system:
• Identify leads by tracking engagement in your marketing channels.
• Nurture leads with automated emails.
• Inform your sales reps with automated notifications.
• Drive qualified leads through your sales funnel.
• Track and close sales opportunities.
• Integrate all your marketing channels data, giving a clear picture of your ROI.
• Inform marketing and sales investment and decisions.
An integrated Marketing Automation and CRM platform can help you optimize your sales efforts and implement an effective digital marketing strategy. To learn more, download a detailed comparison of Marketing Automation and CRM systems below.